Raychem Cable Joints Kits
- Solutions /
- Insulation Enhancement System /
- Surge Arrester /
Low and Medium Voltage
Raychem offers surge arresters for medium voltage power distribution systems that are designed to reliably protect your valuable assets from overvoltage. They can withstand severe outdoor exposure over long operating lifetimes and help maintain service reliability in both overhead and underground installations. Raychem arresters have passed the most rigorous tests (IEC 60099-4, ANSI C62.11, IEC 61643).
Low residual voltage - High energy absorption capacity
The metal oxide varistors used in the arresters provide high energy absorption and low residual voltages. Multiple high current lightning and long duration switching surges are absorbed without noticeable changes in the arrester characteristics or stability.
- Outdoor applications
- Indoor applications (gas-insulated switchgears, busbars)
- Motor and generator protection
- Special applications (HV cable sheath and current limiting arcing horns for covered conductor systems)
- Low voltage distribution systems
- AC/DC railway applications
We provide a wide range of porcelain and polymeric transmission/substation surge arresters for applications up to 800 kV. The Bowthorpe EMP range of arresters has demonstrated reliable performance in environments all over the world for over 60 years.
- Transmission line arrester
- Modular series parallel polymeric surge arrester
- Modular single column polymeric surge arrester
- Polymeric housed surge arrester
- Porcelain housed surge arrester
- Cable sheath arrester